- The Census records for Upper and Lower Froyle from 1841 to 1901
- The Tithe records for Upper and Lower Froyle for 1847. To download a copy (352K) of this in
Adobe PDF format click
here. This is just a facsimile of the book
as the associated map is too large to scan! Limited versions of the
portions of the map appear in The Field Names
- A database of 10,000 names associated with Froyle in addition to the Census
includes the Register of Baptisms, Marriages & Deaths for
St.Mary’s Church in Upper Froyle.
- A sale catalogue
for the Froyle House Estate in November 1915.
- Copies of various
maps going back to the 1700s, including the Tithe map of 1847.
- Many more documents and copies of
documents connected with Froyle.
- We have details of the Monumental Inscriptions
in the Church and Churchyard of St.Mary’s in Upper Froyle. We also
have a map locating the associated memorial stones.
- Thanks to the late
Theo Beck we now have a lot more information from the Court
Rolls from the sixteenth & seventeenth centuries. These
contain details of the Manors of Froyle.
- We now have copies of the Parish Council
Minute Books from 1894 to 2008, thanks to the generosity of Froyle
Parish Council. In addition you can now download a copy of the history
of the first 100 years of the Parish Council that was sent to all
parishioners in 1994. To download this in Adobe PDF format click
here. As this is a large file, you can read
a slightly limited edition (9 pages) by clicking
- A selection of Trade Directories.
- Click here
for our page of links to other web sites associated with Froyle family
history, general archives, useful information or you can use the menu below to jump to any of the above pages.